Thursday, August 7, 2014

Can you feel it?

'Round these parts there are two seasons: football season, and baseball season; the rest is just filler in between (what is this Christmas you speak of?). We might be at the perfect storm of 'seasons' right now since football season is gearing up and baseball season is still going strong. If you come to our house at any given moment you will most definitely find one of those two sports on the t.v. no matter the time or day.

Chris is obviously a glutton for punishment. For one, he married me and two, he is an insane Kansas City Chiefs fan - aaand they break his heart every year.

He's into it, man. Like REALLY into it. Like reads off-season reports, watches youtube videos of his favorite players being awesome, and has extensively studied the history of the Chief's franchise into it.


We even toured the stadium last year which I highly recommend: 


"Can you imagine if we LIVED here?!"



"Ok I'll take a picture with you, but have you felt this grass?! I'm never washing my hands......"


"ok but seriously, the players come in HERE! Can you believe it?!"



This is us at my first Chief's game vs. the Broncos waaaay back in 2011:

It was so cold I literally spent half the game in the gift shop.....


We've been lucky enough to attend games the past couple of years as well:




I literally thought football season didn't start until around  September, 
but I forgot to account for one teeny tiny detail: pre-season games.

I was sitting in my office earlier, working, when I could feel, nay, I could sense a nervous type of energy growing in the house. Chris was pacing back and forth, in and out of my office through the living room into the bathroom out of the bathroom back into the living room and into my office again, WASHING THE DISHES, letting the dogs in and out the back door, and just generally being a pain. 

When I asked him what the heck he was doing his reply made it all clear: 


Chris: "Chief's play the Bengals in the first pre-season game tonight."
Me: "ohhh that's right, I forgot tha-"

Chris (quasi-yelling): "and the guide on the t.v. doesn't say it's going to show the game, but I know it's on channel 12 because I checked on Arrowhead Pride and they said it would be on channel 12. It's says it's gonna play some show called "Blue Bloods" or "Quest" or some crap like that!"

Me: "Ok let me just look it up online-"
Chris: "I already did! It's doesn't say! Let me show you!" (I'm putting all exclamations here because there was a slight panic to his voice).


"Now let me get you to the right screen..."


"SEE!? NO ONE WANTS TO WATCH THE QUEST! CHIEFSSSSS!!!!"


Me: "What is my life right now!?"
Chris: "Hey don't take my picture, this is serious!"

Finally, enough was enough I called our local cable company to MAKE SURE the game would be shown. Fortunately for me, it was. Chris was still skeptical. 

I thought: So what if it's the beginning of August? Chris' Chief's spirit is exciting. 
What the hell, let's get out the Chief's knick-knacks:



I even ventured into his man cave, procured and displayed this cool tiny little truck: 


Chris took one look at this little gem, nodded in approval and said: "Just look at that craftsmanship!"

When I turned around from finishing up my little display and saw chris, I was not surprised: 

I think we're ready. 


2 comments:

  1. Remember when buttczyk fired a beer bottle into his own wall after America's Team whipped the queefs? then he peeled out of his own driveway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol no I don't, but I am really not surprised by that!! Poor America's team.....looking more like the Chiefs every year!

      Delete